Well, I like it, I think it has potential! It's a neat little tool, and it is very pretty.
But there are FIVE things I'd NEED before using it practically on my projects:
1. Option to bring back the top Window Handle. There's no full screen, minimize, or close, buttons, and no place to grab, which makes grabbing the window to move it around or resizing it a hassle. I'd love to full screen the app and window it again without having to drag it out manually too.
2. Sub Categories / Sub-Collections. This has been asked for already, but it would make a world of difference. I currently use an app called Things, which does this to organize my project lists and it is a must have feature.
For example: Project -> Category -> Task.
3. Cloud sync and or Collaboration. I know this one may not be so easy to integrate, but working on a game or film is a team effort (most of the time) and if only one person can see the schedule it makes it kinda useless.
4. The animations... UHHHGGG! That is to say they feel gratuitous and slow. Hovering to expand a progress bar and then hovering again and waiting a full second for the percentages to appear is maddening. I want to be able to see my projects "at a glance" and if I have to click and then hover to get the information I need then... well, it's unusable.
5. Easier way to delete items and collections. It just takes too long and is very obtuse... Double click (on text only!), Hold backspace or press CMD + Return, Press enter again. It should be much simpler than that. Also every time I try to select text (Even when editing the title) it drags the window around instead, and it makes me wanna scream, lol.
I apologize if this all sounds rather scathing, I really don't mean it to be, I think it's a clever little app, and well worth $5. But hopefully these changes can be made someday!
Some other notes:
- Icon to bring collection to top... its terrible. It does not indicate what it does visually. The shape of the icon is four squares, which universally is perceived as something you can grab and move up or down. If that's not the case, it should be an arrow pointing up. And at that rate, make two arrows, one to move it up a level and one to move it down a level. This would increase usability when restructuring ten fold.
- The button to add a new collection is just a bar at the top that looks like a collection is being cutoff. Visually it doesn't make sense, and again, it does not inform the user as to what it does, maybe just a plus button at the top that changes to "New Collection" when you hover over it.
- The themes are pretty, but most of them are too low in contrast which makes readability a bit of a chore. The Frame.io and Discord ones are my favourite though.
- Last but not least, there should be a keyboard short cut to make a new item! Or when you press enter and you've just made a new collection, pressing enter again should add an item.