I bought it, love it and use it.
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
TAPE is a simple, elegant and intimate project management tool designed for artists, designers, or any creative professionals.
Track projects in Collections, tasks and deliverables as Items within Collections, setting the state of each Item depending on its status, as simple as clicking.
START SOMETHING ▲
User guide is available here
Note for Windows users: Windows Defender may flag Tape as being potentially harmful. This is because the software is currently unsigned, but should be fixed soon.
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- TAPE 1.2.225 days ago
- TAPE 1.2.035 days ago
- TAPE 1.2.0 Mac39 days ago
- What have you started on TAPE ?57 days ago
- TAPE HITS 100 SALES59 days ago
- New Tape Themes !68 days ago
- Aeriform is now on Spectrum and Discord92 days ago
- Tape 1.1.9 page updateDec 08, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
How nice Tape looks. All creative software should be as simple and beautiful. Keep it up!
How do you delete items? Using the Windows version. Expecting a button to the side of an item to remove. Pending that cycling through button presses eventually allows you to change the item text. Removing all the text reveals the word "DELETE?" but does not allow any way to confirm that you indeed want to remove the item.
Once you delete the text of the item, you are prompted with 'DELETE?' where you confirm with the [ENTER} key in the same way you confirm adding items.
Thank you for the latest update. The themes are looking very nice!
Is there any way of reordering items within a collection?
Hi, this app looks amazing but I encountered a bug on startup (1.1.6, Linux):
"Uncaught error: cannot find module 'detect-csv'"
I'm guessing this is a missing npm dependency on the latest build.
Looking forward to try it out!
Thank you, looking into this now.
*EDIT* Should now be fixed !
Fix worked, thanks!
Everything seems to work great, except for deleting collections: there's no X on the right side.
Really liking the design besides that, I'll follow this app closely.
Hæ this feature has been changed, so now you would double click to edit the title of the Collection and delete the text, which will then prompt to remove it permanently. This was changed for consistency and so that it is not possible to accidentally remove Collections. The X will have another purpose in the future but has been removed at this time.
Hello, I would like to report a bug.
When dragging any web link from a browser onto the application, the application briefly shows an error message: "Uncaught Error...", then navigates to the webpage that the dragged link pointed to. This is probably because of some default electron behaviour.
In the image, the tape application is no longer present.
I realize this is kind of an edge case...
Thanks again for creating this.
This has now been fixed and will be included in the next released build. Thank you for spotting this.
I really like Tape. I have started to integrate it into my workflow. As I use it more and more, there are a number of features that I feel that are missing and could enhance the overall experience. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post feature request and post bug report, but here is a short list.
- Key bindings- I feel that adding keyboard shortcut keys will greatly enhance the enjoyment of using Tape. The mouse shortcuts are good, but as someone who mainly uses the keyboard, being able to add, delete, move, hide, show collections and items with a keyboard shortcut key, will greatly speed up my workflow.
- Menu items - On very few occasions I wish that I could change the shortcut keys, but one way of allowing macOS users to do so without having such a feature within the app, is to have menu items for said shortcut keys. This way the user can have access to those menu items and assign their own shortcut keys within the System Preferences.
- Layout - It would be cool if we could have different layout options, as suppose to just one vertical column. I like the minimalism of Tape, but I think it would be useful if we could perhaps drag a collection to the left or right, thereby creating a second column.
- Always on top - Although my workflow includes multiple monitors, being able to assign Tape to always be on top of other windows, I think, will add to the benefits of using the application as a project management tool.
- Menu bar/System tray - Keeping with the minimalism of Tape, having the option of only showing the application as a Menu bar/System tray icon would be useful.
- Working directory - Being able to choose where Tape saves files would help save disk space and avoid cluttering the Desktop.
I'm looking forward to more updates on Tape and any future work.
Thank you for your comment and suggestions. There are definitely some ways to improve functionality in Tape that are being considered and we are on the same page here with most of this, and some things that are already in the original scope but haven't been implemented yet. There are also some other exciting plans for Tape, but cannot give any indication of timeframe, for now.
Is there a video showing Tape in action please? I would like to know what I'm buying. Thank you.
There are plans to release some sort of video demo, or a live-stream demo at a later date. For now if you are on the fence there are still download keys available if you can find one !
Sorry for the late reply. I noticed that you show more pictures now. It's easier for users to see what to expect. I was also lucky enough to get a key.
Thank you very much for that.
Hi, I would like to gain access to the latest version of Tape. I had offered some suggestions to tape when the beta was released which I'm using 1.0.2. I hope those changes were applied to the latest version of tape ?
hæ, Tape is now available. I do not recall seeing any suggestions, but this version is a rebuild to focus on performance. Now work can be done on working on new features.
I had to come here an say that the artisan of Tape and simplicity of UI are more then pleasant prehaps adding more simplicity based features on a large scale would serve you well , but I was mostly impressed the only complaint is "importing and exporting"
not exactly being user friendly besides the export button.
How do you import the file you exported ?
How do you stop it making a desktop shortcut?
Importing is not currently implemented, and should prompt where to import from and export to, in future.
Very Nice tool!
I suggest some improvements if possible:
It will be wonderfull if we can edit items to add details / explainations on it . (for example in the empty area under the logo), and attach files or images.
It will be great too to have the possibility to add sub items.
And to be perfect, it will be cool to add a name(for example when an other person work on an item)
I'm a small studio manager and there's no easy task tool and Tape looks really nice, if you can add those stuff it will be the perfect tool!
I attach an quick photoshop example of what i suggest
Thanks a lot for your work.
What an elegant tool for keeping track of projects! How do you remove items in a collection? And is there any way to reorder items or collections?
Thank you for the response Sarah !
Currently there is no way to do this, but these features are very high on the priority list. My apologies for that inconvenience.
No problem! I look forward to the next update - at that point Tape will make a perfect replacement for my sticky notes. :)
Hæ— Renaming and deleting Items was introduced in 1.1.1. Renaming and reordering collections has been introduced in 1.1.2 currently available to Patreon supporters but will be released to everyone soon.
macOS , export button not work
hæ, export writes a file to your user desktop, did you check there ?